SDIA seeks a part-time Fundraiser to lead and manage a new fundraising initiative in the USA.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this professional must have an established background in developing and implementing nonprofit donation strategies and leading a small team of volunteers.
This role involves organizing fundraising initiatives for SDIA, working with our executive office and board members, managing our annual fundraising program and building relationships with new donors, particularly private foundations and corporate donors, staff and volunteers.
Our ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of fund development experience, preferably in the nonprofit field.
- Planning and executing fundraising campaigns and activities, using a combination of social media, email, face-to-face, telephone and other communications methods
- Supporting the Executive Director in managing the organization’s fundraising income programs
- Identifying and stewarding prospective donors
- Training and supervising fundraising volunteers
- Sharing knowledge about fundraising trends and the nonprofit community with SDIA office team
- Support communication with donors, general public, members and staff via email, phone or social media
- Give input into improving website for fundraising purposes
- Using prospect research tools and donor database to build donor relationships.
- Creating a fundraising kit for the fundraising team
- Ideally, bring an existing network of Private and/or Corporate foundations, donors
- Lead in developing and implementing a Strategic Fundraising Plan
- Implement fundraising initiatives, grant writing and management, focusing on higher dollar gifts from foundations, individuals, firms and corporations, through events and major donor solicitations, as well as planned gifts
- Network with the Association of Fundraising Professionals and use tools they offer
- Collaborate with the Executive Director on sharing responsibilities for fundraising
- Retain current donors and expand donor base in accordance with strategic plan
- Responding to donor and staff inquiries in a timely fashion
- Provide input into the development of a CRM donor management platform for SDIA and utilize it
- Direct and participate in research, cultivation, and stewardship of donors
- Work closely with staff, and partners to develop compelling fundraising proposals, and support the development of timely reporting systems to foundations and granters
- Monitor philanthropic trends as they relate to SDIA’s work, communicate these to staff, and suggest program and fundraising modifications as appropriate
- Experience in fundraising required, with a demonstrated track record of success in raising major funds and writing targeted proposals for specific audiences, including foundations and companies.
- Experience in a nonprofit organization preferred.
- Team player, willingness to get to know SDIA, its projects, mission and values and work as a member of our team
- Superb written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Time management and flexibility with job duties
- Ability to connect with a very diverse range of people is critical to this job
- Comfortable making pitches in person and personally asking people for money
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to produce high quality proposals quickly and under deadlines
- Ability to develop project and fundraising budgets and prepare financial reports
- Fundraising software and tools expertise
- Creative, self-starter attitude
- Donor and volunteer service mentality
Salary commensurate with experience
Applications will be accepted until December10th. Please send application materials (resume, covering letter, references and salary requirements) to SDIA: firstname.lastname@example.org.