Susila Dharma International Association is a global, member based network made up of 23 national Susila Dharma organisations and 47 development projects.
We work in four development areas:
- Child Development & Education
- Community Health & Well-being
- Community Development & Sustainable Livelihoods
- Protecting the Environment
SDIA Brochure—May 2013
SDIA Brochure 2013
Download attachment(s): [ SDIA_Brochure2013.pdf ]
Samuel Chapleau Passes
Samuel Chapleau, who died on February 16th, 2013, surrounded by his three sons, Menez, Adrian and Geoffroy and his wife Raphaëlle. Samuel was diligent and committed to his Susila Dharma work as volunteer bookkeeper and administrator for Susila Dharma Canada and Susila Dharma International.
SD Canada and SDIA have both created memorial funds to honour his memory, contribution and the work that he did in support of Susila Dharma in the DRC. (Those who want Canadian tax receipts, can donate through SD Canada
New on our Website
- Three reports from the Rio+20 Global Summit on the Environment. The SD Network sent three representatives to the Global Summit in Rio de Janeiro. “Sustainability, the capacity to live healthily in the present while preserving, building and not depleting the earth’s resources for the future, rests on a three-legged stool: environment, economics and social equity.”
- Practical Action Most food in the world is grown, collected and harvested by more than a billion small-scale farmers, pastoralists and artisanal fisherfolk. This food is mainly sold, processed, resold and consumed locally… reinforcing the diversity and vibrancy of local food systems should also be at the forefront of the international policy agenda.
A child with a handful of freshly picked peanuts at Anisha.
SDIA Network eNews Online
Welcome to our final eNews publication of 2012. Read on for stories about an award, a diplomatic visit, a job opportunity, a fond farewell, a new initiative and more… Thanks to all our faithful readers, and see you next year!
- Myra says goodbye to Anisha
- News from the network
- Buchan family visits the DR Congo
- Preventing Rape in South Africa
- Update from Roda Viva
- Fundación Amanecer re-launches Early Childhood Programme
- Job opportunity – Executive Director for YTS
- Erin goes to university – with a little help
- Important visit for Susila Dharma Germany
- Susila Dharma award from SDUSA
- Translators: SDIA needs you!
- United Nations and Global Outreach
- SDIA submits statement to Commission
- From the Office
- SDIA’s fundraising appeal
- New SDIA brochure published