Children, Youth and Education
SDIA is committed to providing education and skills training to people of all ages, enabling individuals to lead fulfilling, productive lives. Our efforts typically benefit under-served populations in poor and/or rural areas that lack access to quality education.
While traditional classroom learning is a central component, we pride ourselves on embracing a holistic view of learning that involves entire families and begins at birth. We support initiatives that:
- Educate new mothers regarding good nutrition, infant healthcare and age-appropriate mental and physical stimulation.
- Teach children and teens how to protect themselves against physical and emotional abuse.
- Oversee vocational and daycare centers, primary schools, after-school programs and scholarship funds.
- Provide people of all ages with quality job skills training.
- Organize cultural and athletic activities that encourage healthy living, boost morale, and improve coping skills.